We are now nearly halfway through the year of Food & Drink and into, arguably the most important month, Whisky Month 2015!To get into the spirit of things, we are giving away a gift pack of our historic collection of single malts and a family ticket to your favourite site. All you need to do is sum up your favourite site in five words – the best description wins!
The single malts in the gift pack are Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Urquhart Castle, Iona Abbey and Skara Brae – use these are a source of inspiration for your description of one of our iconic attractions.
To kick it all off – Edinburgh Castle
A classic Highland dram with hints of cedar wood, mulled fruits and a subtle menthol edge.
Onto – Stirling Castle
A delicate Speyside malt, rich and mellow with ripe fruit and toffee aromas.
Up to – Urquhart Castle
An elegant Speyside dram with hints if chilli spice, sweet summer berries and milk chocolate.
Across to – Iona Abbey
A classic Islay Single Malt with hints of citrus fruits, vanilla and peat smoke.
Last but not least – Skara Brae
An elegant malt with a rounded body – a classic Island Whisky, sweet and fruity with a touch of smokiness and black pepper.
To enter you must subscribe to this blog (enter your email address in the sidebar) and enter a description of your favourite site in no more than 5 words. Make sure you do this by making a comment on Historic Scotland’s Chain Mail Blog – under this blog post. As there is alcohol involved, you must be over 18 years to enter.
When you are out making the most of your favourite site, you will be able to collect the single malt gift pack from a member of staff. Please bear in mind you must collect your prize before 30th September 2015.
Deadline: Friday 15th May 2015 at 11am
Join us at Dallas Dhu to celebrate Whisky Month and find out about the cat and mouse game played between the owner of illegal stills and government soldiers. Whisky Galore is on Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 May – don’t forget your free wee dram!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To enter applicants must subscribe to the blog and enter a description of their favourite sites in 5 words, this should be done as a comment on Historic Scotland’s chainmail blog – under the competition blog. We are unable to accept entries in any other form
- Entrants must be over 18
- Prize is a gift pack of Historic Scotland single malts and entrance to your favourite site, entrance is for 2 adults and 2 children.
- The whisky collection prize must be collected in person when visiting our site. The prize pack will not be posted
- The tickets to your favourite site must be used before 30 September 2015. There is no cash alternative to this prize
- Only one entry per person
- There is no cash alternative. Prizes cannot be refunded or exchanged. The pass is non-transferable, refundable or replaceable when lost or stolen
- Closing date for receipt of all entries is Friday 15th May 2015 at 11am
- This prize does not include any travel costs
- Historic Scotland employees and their families are not eligible to enter